Along the last years, the Chair in Galician Studies has offered the following free choice subjects on a four-monthly basis. Students from any faculty at the University of Deusto were eligible to sign on:
- Lingua Galega I (4,5 credits)
- Lingua Galega II (4,5 credits)
- Galician Literature and Culture I (4,5 credits)
- Galician Literature and Culture II (4,5 credits).
Following the guidelines established in the Bologna Declaration, in the academic year 2012-2013 the University offers the following courses in the area of Galician Studies:
- Segunda Lengua I: Gallego (6 crédits)
- Literatura Gallega (6 crédits)
- Historia, estructura y sociolingüística de la lengua gallega (6 crédits)
In addition to this, the Chair in Galician Studies organizes courses of Galician language open to anyone (belonging or not to the University community) who wants to acquire and / or improve their oral and written skills in that language. Courses cover the different levels listed in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and they are especially geared for preparing CELGA exams.