From basic knowledge to internships in organisations
The 1st and 2nd years of study will start with the basic tourism competences, moving on to the strategic level of management and administration of tourism businesses
3rd year: during the third year of study, students design their own specialist track by choosing electives. Students also have the opportunity to study in a foreign or Spanish university for one semester.
4th year: students apply the acquired knowledge during an internship in companies and institutions. In 4th year, the emphasis is on the Undergraduate Final Year Project.
A closer look at the tourism industry
Through the elective subjects, students will specialise in one of the following areas:
- Innovation management in eTourism: students work in areas such as advanced innovation management, digital marketing, new planning and organization tools, on-line communication or design of mobile applications.
- Hotel management: students learn more about production processes in accommodation and catering, hotel management, food and beverage management and supplementary hotel services.
The 240 ECTS credits are distributed in core subjects, compulsory subjects, electives, internships and the Undergraduate Final Year Project. Students chose instruction in Spanish, English, Basque (optional) and a fourth foreign language.
- English (optional and compulsory): students have a number of compulsory subjects in English and will have the option to take additional subjects in this language.
- Fourth language (optional and compulsory): students choose among French, German, Chinese or Arabic. Students are required to complete 3 semesters in the language chosen.
- Students are allowed to choose the subjects in Basque on a yearly basis.