- Certificate: Double Bachelor’s degree in Social Education + Social Work
- Credits/Duration: 354 ECTS credits in 5 years
- Number of places: 50 places
- Type of programme: Full time, taught sessions
- Language: Spanish, Basque and English
- Internships: Compulsory. 42 ECTS credits (3rd, 4th and 5th year)
- Undergraduate Final Year Project: 18 ECTS credits (6 Social Work ECTS and 12 Social Education ECTS)
- Faculty: Education and Faculty of Social and Human Sciences and Faculty of Psychology
If you are socially aware and want to fight against social injustice…
If you are inclined towards education and support.
If you are passionate about the idea of working face to face with and for people.
This double degree programme is a good choice for people like you.
A practical dynamic methodology
One of the University’s objectives is learning based on doing. For this reason, at Deusto, your studies will follow the UD learning model, which is student-centred.
|1. Experiential context||We know that we learn from experience. Therefore, at Deusto, our starting point is the student's previous knowledge.|
|2. Reflective observation||Once the previous background has been explored, it is essential to reflect on and examine these ideas.|
|3. Providing context||We compare our previous knowledge with written theory on the theme.|
|4. Active learning||Learning is not only understanding theory but putting it into practice. This is attained through activities, exercises, internships, projects and/or research which affords each student the opportunity to use different abilities.|
|5. Assessment||Lastly, the assessment process comprises reflection on what the student has learned and evaluation of the work completed.|
And after you graduate?
You can further your education and enhance your career opportunities through the wide variety of postgraduate programmes offered in this area at the University of Deusto. You may consider specialising in gerontology, or working with minors, women or disabled people.