This innovative course will give you the opportunity to study in two vibrant universities, the University if East Anglia (United Kingdom) and the University of Deusto (Spain), in two different countries and in two different languages: English and Spanish. You will learn about intercultural communication from the seminars and from your own experience. You will practice different types of translation for professional purposes: written translation, interpreting, audiovisual translation, etc. Apart from that, you will learn how to use Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for translation and linguistic purposes and you will also develop professional experience as a translator or as a linguistic and cultural expert during your work placement.
Degree Subject Modern Languages, Modern Languages and Management, Translation and Interpretation, Communication Studies, Tourism and other subject areas related to Translation or Communication.
Objectives of the programme
a) As conceptual objectives ,
- Understand, analyse, interpret and translate written, oral and multimodal practices, in the English and Spanish languages, as use of language, communication and interaction in international contexts (companies, public and private institutions).
- To mediate between cultures, with the capacity to integrate and collaborate actively in the achievement of common objectives with other people trying to resolve the differences that arise.
b) As methodological objectives:
- Provide knowledge and skills to detect translation, communication and mediation needs, and design resources to solve them.
- Ensure the ability to adapt and reformulate specialized information to the needs of different sectors or international fields (business, cultural, public and private).
- Effective management of the technology and linguistic tools available in the market to achieve objectives in international contexts.
- Deepen the domain of the languages worked in the programme (English and Spanish)