The University of Deusto is firmly committed to fighting for justice and more balanced development in the world. In the field of Research and Knowledge Transfer, this calls for specialised analysis of today’s social transformation from different scientific, legal, educational, technological, business approaches, etc.
Within this framework, the Faculty of Human and Social Sciences works with different aspects of human behaviour in relation to these social changes. We “examine” globalisation, innovation and social change through the eyes of people, and analyse how these processes influence their lives, change their customs, values and coexistence through culture transfer.
The policy to transfer these results to society is combined with basic research on these subject areas. This policy looks to empower social actors (people, firms, institutions or other groups) through:
- Continuing Education in different formats for various social and age sectors.
- Highly professionally-oriented postgraduate courses.
- Research Training
- Applied research projects
- Consultancy for companies and institutions: diagnosis of current situations, policy guidance, strategic proposals and intervention projects.
- Good Practice proposals
- A wide range of outreach activities: conferences, lectures, exhibitions, etc.
- This social empowerment is needed to turn change into Development and Innovation and avoid further inequality and social gaps.
Our faculty's initiatives for knowledge transfer revolve around two major units, in addition to the departments that guarantee research in our field. These units include the Institutes that run some of the long standing and key scientific lines of research at the University of Deusto.